Carlos Nogueira (1947, Mozambique) lives and works in Lisbon. His practice is marked by the incessant investigation on the relations between sculpture and architecture, time and light, space and body, word and image. The theme of the house is present throughout all of Carlos Nogueira’s work, manifesting itself lyrically through the titles or the materials meticulously chosen by the artist – iron, wood, concrete, glass, whitewash and charcoal. Nogueira studied Sculpture at Escola Superior de Belas-Artes, Porto and painting studies at Escola Superior de Belas-Artes, Lisbon. Fellow of Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (1982-1983), of the Secretary of State for Culture (1989-1990) and the Luso-American Development Foundation (1989). The artist took part in the Portuguese representation at the Venice Bienniale (1986) and the Milan Architecture Triennale (1996). Camões Prize at 2nd International Art Biennale of Vila Nova de Cerveira (1980) and Honourable Mention at the International Bienniale of Sculpture and Drawing of Caldas da Rainha (1995). Selected solo shows include fotografias de trabalho. e outros desenhos, Arquivo Municipal de Lisboa – Fotográfico, Lisbon (2018); casa comprida com luz, Museu Internacional de Escultura Contemporânea, Santo Tirso, Portugal (2016); o lugar das coisas | a place for all things, CAM – Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian and Museu da Eletricidade – Fundação EDP, Lisbon (2012); construção. com luz, Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga (2004); a noite e branco, Museu da Cidade, Pavilhão Branco, Lisbon (2000); o mar, a mar e outros labirintos, Museu Nacional de Belas-Artes, Rio de Janeiro (1997). Co-author of architectural works with Ueli Krauss, Miguel Nery, José Manuel Fernandes, Maria de Lurdes Janeiro, Manuel Aires Mateus, José Adrião, amongst others. Collections include Fundação Serralves, CAM – Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, Museo Nacional de Arte Reina Sofia, Archivo Lafuente, Museu do Chiado – MNAC, Brighton University, Coleção de Arte Fundação EDP, Centro Cultural de Belém, Museu Coleção Berardo, Câmara Municipal de Lisboa, amongst other international private and public collections.